Friday, March 12, 2010

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief



IMDB
"Wow .. another fantasy involving Gods (or to be more specific Demi-gods).." thats what I thought when I saw its trailer and then I waited till I got the movie in a good quality print. And guess what happens when I see it all the way till its end.. I was laughing at the way the director had shot the movie .. there was no trace of professionalism.. The movie outrightly lacked a thrill as if it was a B-grade movie.
The main reason for this is that though there were some real good scenes but they were probably treated more as space fillers than to really lead to some place. Actually, it appears to me that the director was thinking like- "see I could have made a better movie but since you have paid me less, feel satisfied with this much only". While watching the movie many times I was expecting a lot more but was served nothing. It was more like a fast spoon-feeding, you'll know it when you'll see it. And finally its a complete waste of the star cast it has.. though, some credit should be given for a very good casting.

Very reluctantly 6.5/10.

the 0.5 is for some good graphics in between.. especially for Hades, healing of Percy with water and the final water stunt by percy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People, at least leave your name. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...